Friday, November 11, 2011

Science bothers me

First, there's something you should know.  I have a degree in electrical engineering, I love math more than any human should, I studied astronomy for quite some time and next to the Messiah, Albert Einstein would be my choice attendee for a dinner party at my house.  I value science.

But science bothers me.  It's not so much the science, but the "scientists."  I don't think there are many pure scientists left in the world.  We don't have a Galileo.  Science, like many other things in our world, has become more about business and less about research.

Universities bring in millions of dollars per year in federal grants to aid their research, but the purity of science gets lost between the paychecks.  It's no longer about the science.

I'm sure they started with good intentions, but the intentions got lost along the way and the focus changed.  It's easy to do.  I've definitely been guilty.

Let's not make the same mistakes in our homes, businesses, charities or ministries.  When you start your projects, make sure you know your focus.  Write it down.  Get it laminated.  Make it into a poster.  Paint it on your office wall.  Get it printed on t-shirts.  Do whatever you need to do to make sure your intentions don't get lost in the stress that it sometimes takes to produce results.  Don't lose the science.