Tuesday, February 14, 2012

To My Valentine...

Everyone says that life is short.  And I guess that's true, but more than that, I think we let it go by too quickly.  We wish the "bad times" away, but we often forget to enjoy those rough-around-the-edges moments.

I love the moments when one of us is sick.  What other day do we make time to be by each other's side, catering to every request and intently listening to every word to make sure that we get each detail just right?  Thanks for taking care of me and allowing me to take care of you.

I love the moments when we fight.  It shows our passion for each other and the fact that we won't let anything break us.  We're willing to be uncomfortable in the short term to guarantee that we're unshakeable in the long run.  Thanks for being willing to be uncomfortable with me.

I love the moments when we're tired.  When we can't keep our eyes open.  When the world is slowly fading to dark and I can't help but watch you drift off into your own world of dreams.  Thanks for dreaming with me.

I love the moments when we're in the car for hours.  Long trips can be a pain... or they can be a wonderful reason to disconnect from our media IV and learn about each other yet again.  Thanks for learning with me.

I love the moments when we're apart (kinda).  It helps me learn about myself while knowing how loved I really am.  Those moments help me to realize how important your role in my life is.  Thanks for staying close even when you're far away.

I love struggling together.  We've had some "life" stuff come up in the past.  And it will happen again.  It's gives us one more chance to learn with each other and about each other.  It allows us to become better people together.  Thanks for always being there to pick me up when I'm struggling to do so on my own.

And my favorite moments are the spontaneous ones where we can't stop laughing with (or at) each other. The moments when the world is silenced by the volume of our love.  Thanks for laughing with me.  I'm forever thankful.

It's so easy to fall in love with you...