Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Life is...

Precious.
Painful.
Confusing.
Wonderful.
Exhilarating.

Yesterday left my mind in quite a twist.  Early in the day, a friend of mine and his wife had a baby.  My friend's excitement leading up to this day was refreshing.  His beautiful baby was born and I'm sure he cannot stop smiling this morning.

Life is precious.  Life is wonderful.  Life is Exhilarating.

Then last night, I heard that a toddler that we have been praying for lost his battle with cancer.  My eyes tear up as I type this.  I cannot imagine the pain.  Paxton... there are no words.

Life is precious.  Life is painful.  Life is confusing.

Most of all, life is... short.  Forget your bitterness, anger, anxiety and selfishness if only for today.  Smile at people, be friendly and keep things in perspective.