Saturday, October 1, 2011

Let's think... clearly

I have a tough time resting.  I don't mean sleeping.  I can sleep like nobody's business, but resting comes harder.

I'm slowly learning the importance of rest.  It's not just about refreshing physically, but more importantly, refreshing yourself mentally and spiritually.

Here's the danger.  Mental and spiritual exhaustion affect everyone in our lives. We become worse friends, husbands, sons and fathers.  Mental and spiritual exhaustion can go on for weeks without us knowing.

Be aware of your mental and spiritual exhaustion and do something about it!  Take time to regroup.  Not just for you, but for the people that you care about.  Make sure that you're not just thinking, but thinking clearly.

[UPDATE: As my way of practicing what I preach, I'm going to work on "taking Sunday's off."  So I won't be blogging on Sundays.  Have a great day!]