Tuesday, August 16, 2011

How do I get one of these?

A mentor.

I want one.

I kinda need one.

Why wouldn't I want to find something I want to improve and learn from the best?

But where do I find one?  That's a tough question.  Do I sit around waiting for someone that wants to mentor me or do I set my sights on a candidate and stalk them until they give in?

So, first things first... where do you look?  And who do you ask?  You should probably start by defining what area (or areas) of your life you're trying to improve (spiritual, business, financial, etc.).  Then, make a list of people that are experts in that area.  Dream big and don't sell yourself short!

Now the hard part.  Figure out how to contact each of your potential mentors.  This is the step that is going to weed out the people that don't want it bad enough.  Be creative!

Before you actually contact anyone on your list, do two more things.  Prioritize your list and make a script of what you will say when you contact them.

Okay... last step.  Gather up some self-confidence and take the leap!