Monday, January 16, 2012

The toughest part about being a mom

Like I've said in the past, I'm obviously not a mom, but I have the privilege of seeing a great one work every day.

So what's the toughest part about being a mom?  Never ending laundry?  Dirty dishes that seem to multiply?  Being the master scheduler?  Dealing with the emotional tornado that comes with a family?  Keeping your loved ones fed?

Actually, it's none of the above.  The hardest part is showing up every day.

I could be a great mom... for a day.  I could keep the house clean, do the dishes, have the laundry folded and put away, be patient with the kids, have meals prepared, etc.  But can I keep up the hard work tomorrow, and the next day, and the day after that?

For so many of us, we give up on our dreams by simply not showing up.  What you do when you get there is not as important as being there every day.

Whether your goals are relational, business-related or spiritual, make sure you show up today.  And tomorrow.  And the day after that...