Monday, March 12, 2012

When you look back at this day in 6 months...

I hurt my shoulder awhile back and I've been using it as an excuse while I put off "starting."  For me, "starting" is getting into better shape.  The thing is, it's not the workout that I hate.  It's getting started.

I think this is true for most of us.  Not just with working out, but with growing our faith, building better relationships with our kids or starting that business that we've always wanted.  We go through a phase where we know that we need (or want) to do something.  We know it's the right thing.  We know that we'll be better off for it.  But we don't start.  Instead, we find every excuse not to.

I think we put off getting started because it's easier to be complacent.  Even if the end result will put us in a better place, we get very comfortable where we are... and we hang on to that comfort with all of our might.

No more excuses.  I'm starting today.  I hope you choose something to start today also.  Because even though starting sucks, when you look back at this day in 6 months, you'll wish you would have started today.