Thursday, May 3, 2018

That’s just my luck

I used to say this a lot. I felt sorry for myself and I felt like the world was out to get me.

"Nothing ever works out."

"Nothing is ever easy."

"That's just my luck."

But then I realized something. I never said, "That's just my luck" when something good happened. If you believe in luck, doesn't it go both ways? In fact, I had never heard anyone say "That's just my luck" when something good happened.

I decided to change my focus. When you focus on finding the negative, you'll be sure to find it. But here's where the magic is. When you focus on finding the positive, you'll also be sure to find it.

Try something weird with me. If you're a "That's just my luck" kinda person, say it when something good happens. I think you'll be amazed at how many good things are happening right in front of you... if you'll just change your focus.